Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Bathrobe Ignites, Burning Woman

September 30, 1996

ANAHEIM — A 29-year-old woman suffered severe burns early Sunday when she bent over a stove to light a cigarette and her bathrobe caught fire, police said.

Karen Nichols, who lives in the 10000 block of Deste Drive in an unincorporated area within Anaheim, was burned over 90% of her body at 4:20 a.m., said Lt. Rich Paddock of the Orange County Sheriff's Department. She was listed in stable condition Sunday at Martin Luther Hospital in Anaheim.

After her flannel bathrobe caught fire, Nichols rushed outside to her back yard, got her bathrobe off and managed to put the flames out with a garden hose, Paddock said.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|