Seven Oak Park residents, vying to replace longtime Municipal Advisory Council member Chuck Monico on the panel, will be interviewed tonight about their interest in the community's issues.
After reviewing the candidates' applications and interviewing them, the four remaining council members will recommend three or four finalists to county Supervisor Frank Schillo. He will then make the final selection.
The interviews, each lasting 15 minutes, will be conducted at Schillo's office at the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza, 2100 Thousand Oaks Blvd., beginning at7 p.m.
Monico resigned in November for personal reasons. Seeking to fill the 1 1/2 years remaining in his term are:
* John J. Bellinghiere, an attorney
* Jane Nye, a learning products manager for Hewlett-Packard
* Richard Bayer, general counsel and corporate secretary for the Macerich Co.
* Fred Levine, a certified public accountant
* Gerald Miller, an attorney
* Marvin E. Walters, vice president of S. Walters Inc., a designer, manufacturer and distributor of devices for the visually impaired
* Glen O. Wilcox, a software company executive.
Ron Stark, Schillo's administrative aide, said the Municipal Advisory Council's recommendations would be forwarded to the supervisor Friday morning. Schillo's decision will be announced Monday, he said.