* Jamba Juice: With 47 locations in the Southland, Jamba is our ubiquitous juice parlor. Its most popular drinks are the 24-ounce ice-blended, juice-based smoothies--some enriched with nonfat yogurt, nonfat frozen yogurt or sherbet. Fresh-squeezed juices include orange, carrot, lemonade, watermelon and blends. "Juice boosts" add vitamins, protein, fiber and other supplements. (Juice drinks, $1.55-$4.95.) Jamba Juice. For the location nearest you, call (800) 545-9972.
* Space Bar: This is the first new juice bar in a projected chain, offering its own fresh-squeezed and/or ice-blended juice concoctions. They can be fortified by Space Herbs, supplements developed by a Dr. Maayan, a doctor of Chinese medicine, to reduce your cholesterol, improve your memory, cool you down, warm you up or calm the spirit. (Juice drinks, $1.55-$3.95.) Space Bar, 12222 Wilshire Blvd., West Los Angeles, (310) 207-8836.
* Robeks Juice: Robeks claims its juices are less sweet and its blenders less noisy than at the omnipresent Jamba. Otherwise, it's yet another 24-ounce smoothie emporium with the usual fresh juices, wheat grass, supplements and "frugurts"--frozen yogurt blended with fresh fruit. (Fruit drinks, $2.15-$4.25; take-home sizes available.) Robeks Juice, 1301 Montana Ave., Santa Monica, (310) 394-6140.
* Newsroom Cafe: At this eclectic hangout, they juice everything from celery to strawberries to order. No concentrates, no ready-made juices. Bestsellers include the Newsroom smoothie and the Grasshopper made with pineapple, mint and the miraculous wheat grass: It may be the best (or least painful) way to drink wheat grass around. (Juice drinks, $2.50-$4.95.) Newsroom Cafe, 120 N. Robertson Blvd., West Hollywood, (310) 652-4444.
* Paul's Juice Bar: Open for 17 years in the Farmer's Market, Paul's is a landmark in Los Angeles juicedom. Most of the 16 juices are made in the nearby kitchen; a few are lightly sweetened. Popular flavors include coconut, strawberry, carrot and orange. (Juice drinks, $1.95-$3.80; take-home sizes available.) Paul's Juice Bar, Farmers Market, 6333 W. 3rd St., Los Angeles, (213) 937-9360.
* Wild Oats: With full-capacity and wheat-grass juicers on hand, Wild Oats supermarkets will juice any fruits or vegetables to order. Buy your own organic produce on the premises and have them juiced for a small charge. (Juice drinks, 99 cents-$4.95.) Wild Oats, 1425 Montana Ave., Santa Monica, (310) 576-4707; 603 S. Lake Ave., Pasadena, (818) 792-1778.