Advertisement
 
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Retirement Complex Laundry Room Damaged in Blaze

May 04, 1997|COLL METCALFE

PORT HUENEME — Fire gutted the laundry room of a retirement complex late Friday, causing more than $18,000 in damage.

Firefighters from the Ventura County and Oxnard fire departments responded to the blaze shortly after 11 p.m. at the Bay Retirement Community, 231 E. Bay St.

Officers evacuated the apartment building that housed the laundry room and surrounding residences, but the fire did not spread.

The fire was ignited by an electrical short in faulty wiring, fire investigators determined. No injuries were reported.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|