14. Romp with the reindeer at the Los Angeles Zoo in Griffith Park during the winter season only. Open daily, 10a.m. to 5 p.m. Junction of the Ventura and Golden State freeways. Adults, $8.25; children 2 to 12, $3.25. Through Jan. 4. (213) 666-4090.
15. Perk up your ears to the "Sounds of Christmas," a program including carol arrangements for orchestra and chorus performed by the Conejo Valley Symphony Orchestra and the Youth Symphony Orchestra and ballet selections performed by the Conejo Civic Ballet Company. Saturday, 8 p.m. Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza, Charles E. Probst Center, 2100 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd. $24 to $44. (805) 449-2787.
16. Dance the hora at the Conejo Valley Community Hanukkah Festival from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 21 at the Thousand Oaks Community Center. Also: storytelling, songs and a boutique. 2525 N. Moorpark Road. Free. (818) 879-0880.
17. Don't be a Scrooge! See the Santa Susana Repertory Company and Gold Coast Performing Arts Assn.'s production of "A Christmas Carol" at the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza Forum Theater. Today, Saturday and Sunday and Dec. 17-20 at 7:30 p.m.; Sunday and Dec. 20 and 21 at 2:30 p.m. 2100 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd. $16 to $26. (805) 497-2787.
For the Record
Los Angeles Times Saturday December 13, 1997 Home Edition Calendar Part F Page 14 Entertainment Desk 2 inches; 57 words Type of Material: Correction
'Star' Hours--"The Christmas Star" program at the Griffith Observatory can be seen at the following times: today and Sunday, 1:30, 3, 4:30 and 7:30 p.m.;Tuesday through Friday, 3 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.; Dec. 20 through Jan. 1, 1:30, 3, 4:30 and 7:30 p.m. (except Dec. 24, 1:30 and 3 p.m. only). The Observatory is closed on Christmas Day. An incomplete schedule was printed in Thursday's Weekend Calendar section.
18. Pull some strings and get to the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza's Forum Theater for "A Visit to Santa's Workshop," with marionette specialist Jim Gamble and his troupe. Today and Friday at 9:30 and 11 a.m. $5. (805) 493-4348.
19. Practice putting at Golf N' Stuff Family Fun Park. Miniature golf, bumper boats, little Indy race cars, bumper cars and an arcade. 10555 E. Firestone Blvd., Norwalk, (562) 868-9956, or 1656 S. Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, (714) 778-4100.
20. Learn tricks at Wizardz, a magic club and dinner theater on Universal CityWalk. 1000 Universal Center Drive, Universal City. Sunday-Thursday evenings, $35.95; Friday, $39.95; Sunday matinee, $30.85. Children (all shows), $20.95. (818) 506-0066.
21. See an 8,000-pound elephant perform with the one-ring L.A. Circus. Also clowns, jugglers, a family of trapeze artists, a 7-year-old Hula-Hoop artist and more. Daily shows through Jan. 4. Adults, $10; children under 12, $7. Universal CityWalk. (213) 252-TIXS.
22. Take a spin with Peggy Fleming in "The Memory of All That . . . Gershwin on Ice," a tribute to the two songwriters brought to life by figure skating. Dec. 18 to 21 at Universal Amphitheatre, 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City. $19 to $64. (213) 252-TIXS or (213) 480-3232. Then practice your own moves at CityWalk's Ice Skating Rink, open daily through Jan. 4. $6.50 to skate; $2.50 skate rental. Mondays-Thursdays, 5 to 11 p.m.; Fridays, 3 p.m. to 1 a.m.; Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 1 a.m.; Sundays, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. (818) 622-4455.
23. See hundreds of Nativity scenes from around the world on display at Trinity Presbyterian Church, 2304 Antonio Ave., Camarillo. Saturday and Sunday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. $3 adults, $1 children. (805) 484-0530.
24. See the Vatican on Wilshire Boulevard at the Carole and Barry Kaye Museum of Miniatures. You'll see the exterior of the Vatican, the interior of St. Peters, the tomb of St. Peter and the Sistine Chapel all painstakingly reproduced by Robert and Nina Eckland Dawson in miniature. Exhibit opens Dec. 20 and will become a permanent part of the museum's "Great Palaces of Europe" collection. Sundays, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Tuesdays-Saturdays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. 5900 Wilshire Blvd. Adults, $7.50; senior citizens, $6.50; students 12 to 21, $5; children 3 to 12, $3. (213) 937-6464.
25. Learn about the history, ecology and languages of Africa at "Africa: One Continent, Many Worlds," at the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, 900 Exposition Blvd. Tuesdays-Sundays, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Ends Jan. 4. Adults, $6; children 13 to 18 and seniors, $3.50; children 5 to 12, $2. (213) 763-3466.
26. See Woody and Buzz on ice at "Walt Disney's World on Ice--Toy Story" at area arenas: the Pond of Anaheim, 2695 E. Katella Ave., Anaheim, Dec. 25 to Jan. 4; Long Beach Arena, 300 E. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach, Jan. 7 to 11; and the L.A. Sports Arena, 3939 S. Figueroa St., Los Angeles, Jan. 14 to 19. $10 to $18.50. Ask about special discounts and Spanish-language performances. (213) 480-3232.
27. Join the throngs for a multicultural holiday event, the 38th annual Los Angeles County Holiday Celebration, Dec. 24, 3 to 9 p.m. at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, the Music Center, 135 N. Grand Ave. There will be 42 groups performing, based in 19 L.A. County communities, including the L.A. Jewish Symphony, the Lula Washington Dance Theatre, the Kultura Philippine Folk Arts dance troupe, the L.A. Zither Orchestra, the Bobby Rodriguez band and more. Free. (213) 974-1396 for detailed information or visit the Web site at http://www.lacountyarts.com