84. Be amazed by collectible toys, including "Star Wars" and "Star Trek" action figures and model kits at the Toyrific Antique & Collectible Toy Show Sunday at the Pasadena Center, 300 E. Green St., Pasadena. Admission from 9 to 11 a.m. is free; 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., adults, $5; children 6 to 12, $2; children 6 and under, free. (626) 793-2122.
85. Jiggle like a jellyfish, learn how plankton floats and listen to stories at the Cabrillo Marina Aquarium Saturday. "Jiggling Jellies Plankton Patrol," 9 to 11:30 a.m., is a class for families to learn about the drifters and wanderers of the ocean. 3720 Stephen White Drive, San Pedro. Reservations required. $12. Also at the aquarium on Saturday is a tide pool walk from 1:30 to 3 p.m. for all ages. The education staff will provide a brief slide show and then guide participants out to the Point Fermin Marine Life Refuge for the walk. $1 per person. Reservations required only for groups of nine or more. (310) 548-7562.
For the Record
Los Angeles Times Saturday December 13, 1997 Home Edition Calendar Part F Page 14 Entertainment Desk 2 inches; 57 words Type of Material: Correction
'Star' Hours--"The Christmas Star" program at the Griffith Observatory can be seen at the following times: today and Sunday, 1:30, 3, 4:30 and 7:30 p.m.;Tuesday through Friday, 3 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.; Dec. 20 through Jan. 1, 1:30, 3, 4:30 and 7:30 p.m. (except Dec. 24, 1:30 and 3 p.m. only). The Observatory is closed on Christmas Day. An incomplete schedule was printed in Thursday's Weekend Calendar section.
86. Cook sugary goodies at the Sugar Plums and Sweet Delights Holiday Treats Class at Mrs. Nelson's Toy and Book Shop, Dec. 19, 4 to 5 p.m. Sweets for Christmas and Hanukkah will be decorated and wrapped for holiday gift-giving. Ages 5 to 10. Preregistration required. 1030 Bonita Ave., La Verne, (909) 599-4558.
87. Last chance to see "Paquito's Christmas," a musical about a young boy's heartbreak over his father's broken promise. Starring 10-year-old Ivan Lopez Ayala as Paquito and Placido Domingo's 10-year-old grandson, Dominic Domingo, as Paquito's best friend. Saturday at 3 and 8 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m. at the Los Angeles Theatre Center, 514 S. Spring St. between 5th and 6th streets. Adults, $15; children, $10. (213) 485-1681.
88. Feast your eyes on the colorful dresses of Peru at "Colors of the Highlands," an exhibition of women's clothing and accessories from the Andean region of Peru also at the Los Angeles Theatre Center. Ends Feb. 28. Exhibition hours daily. (213) 485-1681.
89. Find out "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" Friday at 6 p.m. at Lumpy Gravy, 7311 Beverly Blvd. The evening includes a reading of the children's tale and a menu for kids of "roast beast burgers," "Ish's dish which is not fish," "Cindy Lou Who's grilled cheese sandwiches" and other treats inspired by the book. An additional performance at 10 p.m. for adults will feature musical accompaniment by L.A. band Zen Gecko. Proceeds to benefit the Starlight Children's Foundation. Suggested donation: $5 per person. No reservations required. (213) 934-9400.
90. Celebrate Hanukkah with Craig 'n' Co. You can in your pajamas to the "Hanukkah Pajamika Family Concert With Craig 'n' Co" at the Skirball Cultural Center, Dec. 25. This event will feature art activities, storytelling, songs and Hanukkah treats beginning at 4 p.m. Concert with Craig Taubman (5 p.m.) will feature music from his recording, "My Newish Jewish Discovery." 2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd. Adults, $10; children under 12, $5. Advanced registration required. (213) 660-TKTS. Craig 'n' Co. will also give a performance as part of the third annual Hanukkah Concert, Dec. 21 at 2 p.m. at the Orange County Performing Arts Center, 600 Town Center Drive, Costa Mesa. Thirteen area children's choirs will also perform. Tickets $18, $35 and $125 (includes post-performance dinner at the Centre Cafe with performers). (714) 740-7878 or (213) 480-3232.
91. Sing along to Handel's "Messiah" with the Pasadena Lyric Opera, Dec. 20 at 8 p.m. Eliot Auditorium, 2184 N. Lake Ave., Pasadena. Adults, $15; seniors, $12; students, $10. (888) OPERA-4-U for reservations.
92. Catch some ice hockey action as the Long Beach Ice Dogs face off against Indianapolis on Wednesday; San Antonio, Dec. 21; Utah, Dec. 26; Orlando, Dec. 27; San Antonio, Dec. 31. $10 to $16. Long Beach Arena, 300 E. Ocean Blvd. (562) 423-3647.
93. Have a ball at the 21st annual Kwanzaa Gwaride Festival, Dec. 25-28, 10 a.m. till dusk in Leimert Park with jazz, blues, reggae, rap, hip-hop and choir music, dance, arts and crafts booths, poetry and food from West Africa, Haiti, Jamaica, Belize and Ethiopia, as well as traditional American soul food. On Dec. 27, 9 a.m. to noon, there will be a procession to usher in the new year of Ujamaa, from Adams and Crenshaw boulevards to Leimert Park. (213) 965-0935.
94. Go bird-watching. Oak Canyon Nature Center is a family nature center with a bird-watching deck as well as hands-on exhibits, live animal and insect displays and hiking trails. Free. Daily, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. 6700 E. Walnut Canyon Road, Anaheim Hills, (714) 998-8380.
95. Sway to the rhythms of the islands at "Hula Halau O' Kamuela Elua," a Hawaiian holiday mele and hula concert at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium. Dance, music and a holiday boutique Saturday at 3 p.m., free admission. Performance at 6:30 p.m., $35 at the door. 1855 Main St., Santa Monica, (818) 771-7238.