* Why did the man at the M&M factory get fired? Because he threw out all the M&Ms that had Ws on them. (Deborah Bramwell, 8, Los Angeles, Ivanhoe Elementary)
* What kind of metal does a robber like best? Steel. (Jonah Ollman, 5, San Diego, Beth Israel Day School)
* What did the alien say to the gas pump? "Take your fingers out of your ears and listen to me." (Maya Manihtala, 7, Sherman Oaks, Roscomare Road Elementary)
* Why did the boy take the Christmas tree to a barber? His mother said it needed to be trimmed. (Debbie Lallave, 7, Glendale, Columbus School)
* What's the difference between boogers and broccoli? Kids don't eat broccoli. (Eve Doolin, 8, Los Angeles, Castle Heights)
* What do you call a meteorite that goes in the wrong direction? A meteorong. (Lucas Mercer, 6, Rancho Palos Verdes, Cornerstone School)
* SEND US A LINE: Kids, got a joke? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Include name, age, hometown and school.