T. Daniel Caruso has been named executive vice president of Premier Laser Systems Inc. in Irvine. He was previously senior vice president of sales and marketing. In his new position, Caruso will direct the company's corporate strategic marketing, as well as merger and acquisition activities.
* Jeffrey J. Dunnigan has been appointed chief financial officer of Alpha Microsystems in Santa Ana. Before joining the company, Dunnigan headed a financial consulting practice in Irvine. His prior experience also included serving as vice president of finance at Urohealth Systems Inc.
* Eric Mueller has been named senior portfolio manager for Palley-Needelman Asset Management in Newport Beach. He was previously vice president and senior portfolio manager for City National Bank in Beverly Hills.
* Brenda Leer has joined Nelson Communications Group as a counselor in the Irvine division. Previously, Leer was executive director for San Diego County Citizens Against Lawsuit Abuse, a nonprofit organization, and before that, was acting general manager/operations director and morning news host for KZAZ-FM in Bellingham, Wash.
* Bert R. Ott has joined D-Link Systems Inc. as vice president of sales. Ott will oversee distribution, reseller and retail channels for D-Link's networking products. His prior experience includes five years as director of alternate sales channels for NetSoft and eight years as vice president of sales and marketing for Gateway Communications.
* Stacey Adanalian has been named director of client services at Lawrence & Mayo Inc. Advertising in Newport Beach. She was formerly with Bozell/Salvati Montgomery Sakoda and director of account services for the McAdams Group.
* Joey Suter has been appointed vice president of finance and operations for Costa Mesa-based Pacific Bell Mobile Services' five-county Los Angeles region. He had been with Cellular One for six years, most recently as director of strategic marketing.
* Julie Nolan has been appointed vice president of products and programs for New Horizons Computer Learning Centers Inc. in Santa Ana. Previously, Nolan was director of desktop and technical training. Before joining New Horizons, Nolan held numerous positions at Westcon Services Corp., including vice president of operations and director of training.
* Ronald J. Monark has been elected chairman of the board of directors of MotorVac Technologies Inc. in Santa Ana. Monark, who has been on the board since April, succeeds Gerry Quinn, who will remain on the board. Monark recently served as president and chief executive of Mitchell Repair Information Co. He is chairman of the board of National Directories Corp., and is a member of the board of Mitchell Repair.
* Keith Pinter has been named vice president of sales for Epoch Internet in Irvine. He will direct the operations of the 13 regional sales and service offices of the business Internet provider. Pinter was formerly a sales management consultant to the company.
* Vilma F. Acevedo has been appointed vice president of retirement plan services for Santa Ana-based First American Trust Co. She was formerly vice president and administrator of Sanwa Bank of California, where she was corporate trustee Joel Lowenstein for a variety of employee benefit plans. Acevedo has also been an independent consultant and auditor for several California banks and trust services companies. Joel Lowenstein has been named to the newly created position of business relations officer for First American. Before joining the company, Lowenstein was an executive with First Interstate Bank for 11 years. He has also held management positions with Chase Manhattan Bank and Chase Manhattan Financial Services.
* William Dennis Nicholas has been named manager of catering for the Disneyland Resort hotels in Anaheim, overseeing the catering sales and operations of the Disneyland Hotel and Disneyland Pacific Hotel. He has been with the Disneyland Hotel since 1992.
* Douglas J. Johnson and Wilhelm Maul have been appointed vice presidents of engineering services for the Keith Cos. in Costa Mesa. In addition, Anthony C. Cuomo has been named vice president of mapping and surveying. Johnson and Maul both joined the company in 1988. Cuomo joined the company in May as director of mapping.
* Ronald G. Drake has been selected general manager for Ogden Entertainment's Tinseltown Studios restaurant. He is the former assistant area director for the Thomas & Mack Center and the Sam Boyd Stadium in Las Vegas.
* John Wieland has been named director of customer relations for Hi-Tech Auto Collision & Painting Centers in Garden Grove. He was formerly West Coast region manager for CCC Information Services Inc. in Irvine.
* Philip Gronnerud has been appointed production systems marketing manager at Xerox Corp.'s South Coast operations in Santa Ana. He was previously a marketing executive in the printing systems division.