Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

World IN BRIEF : CUBA

Salvadoran Held in 4 Recent Explosions

September 11, 1997|From Times Wire Reports

The government announced the arrest of a Salvadoran man in connection with recent explosions in Havana that killed an Italian businessman. The Interior Ministry also accused the Cuban American National Foundation, a Miami-based exile group, of organizing the blasts and paying Salvadoran Raul Ernesto Cruz Leon to carry them out. In Miami, a spokesman for the exile group rejected the accusation and said Cuba was trying "to externalize the blame for the internal problem they are having with the bombings." The Interior Ministry statement said Cruz Leon admitted responsibility for blasts last week at three hotels and a restaurant.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|