* William Mitchell has been named senior vice president of corporate marketing for the Irvine Co.'s Investment Property Group. He had been a full-time marketing consultant for the company since April. Mitchell directed the Irvine Co.'s residential marketing programs in the early 1990s. In addition, Ken Coulter was appointed senior vice president of land development for the residential development division. He has been with the company more than 14 years. Michael Le Blanc, the company's lead liaison to local government in Irvine and Tustin, was named vice president for entitlement. Also, Jim Lorman was appointed senior vice president of land development and construction.
* Tony Taylor has joined Bates USA West in Irvine as senior vice president, director of client services. Taylor previously spent nine years on the Volvo Cars of North America account at two separate agencies.
* Barbara Nocera has been appointed to the newly created position of director of government affairs for Mazda North American Operations in Irvine. She will work in the Washington, D.C., office. Nocera previously served as manager of government relations for Honda North America.
* Mark Helvenston has been named vice president of sales for Caliber Collision Centers in Irvine. Helvenston was formerly vice president of national sales for Vistar Inc. in Chicago. He also spent seven years as vice president of sales for Windshields America in Bedford, N.H., and two years as national account manager for Safelite Glass Corp. in Columbus, Ohio. George N. Achis has been appointed vice president of corporate development. He will be responsible for Caliber's acquisition efforts in the Southern California metropolitan market. Prior to joining Caliber, Achis led acquisitions for Zee Medical Inc., a division of McKesson Corp. He also served as chief financial officer of Lyons Safety Inc., a safety equipment distribution company.
* Richard L. Ford has been appointed sales engineer for the greater Los Angeles area for Cincinnati Milacron's Plastics Machinery Group. He will be based in Huntington Beach. Ford was previously an account manager for Caco Pacific.
* Francis Fuller has been appointed vice president of operations and marketing for S. Bravo Systems Inc., a Buena Park petroleum equipment manufacturer. He joined the company after spending more than five years as an engineer for an oil company and six years in environmental engineering and consulting.
* Brian Hively has joined CT Realty Corp., a Newport Beach real estate investment firm, as company controller. Previously, he was controller for Newman Properties in Long Beach, and controller for Italatin Restaurant Group in Santa Ana.
* Catherine M. Buzard has been named a partner in the management consulting practice of Ernst & Young LLP's Irvine office, and Robert B. Stratton was appointed partner in the information technology services group. In addition, Steven W. Smeltzer was named a principal in the management consulting practice.
* John A. McCarthy Jr. has joined the board of Comprehensive Care Corp. in Corona del Mar, increasing the number of directors to six. McCarthy is president of managed care services at Concentra Managed Care Inc.
* Thomas B. Smiley has been appointed director of planning and business development for BI Technologies Corp. in Fullerton. He joined the company in 1991 and was most recently director of marketing.
* Nadina A. Ortega has joined Hilary Kaye Associates, a Newport Beach marketing communications firm, as account coordinator. She previously worked in the public relations and marketing departments at Knott's Berry Farm.
* Patrick Crask has joined Tait & Associates Inc. in Orange as senior project manager, and Jay Seymour was named senior survey manager. Before joining the civil engineering, surveying, environmental and general contracting firm, Crask was a regional manager for CEI Engineering. Seymour most recently served as director of surveying and mapping for Engineering Service Corp. and Engineering Technology Inc.
* Laura Hennum has been named director of business development for Western Medical Centers. She will be responsible for the day-to-day business development, marketing and communications functions at the centers in Santa Ana and Anaheim, the Tustin Rehabilitation facility and the Bartlett long-term care center. Hennum was formerly director of corporate communications for Brim Healthcare in Portland.
* Nancy McHugh has joined the Irvine office of Creamer Dickson Basford public relations as a senior account supervisor. She previously spent six years at MicroSim Corp., an Irvine software manufacturing company.