Advertisement

News in Brief: A summary of developments across Los
Angeles County | Community News File / Venice

City Council Renews Reward in Slaying

April 02, 1998

The Los Angeles City Council Wednesday renewed a $25,000 reward for information in the slaying of a homeless man who was strangled a year ago as he slept on the beach.

Shelby Antonio Graham, known as "EV-Ready" by his friends for his high energy, was killed March 29 of last year. The 35-year-old South Carolina native came West hoping to make it big as a dancer. He became a familiar face at the Venice boardwalk, where he entertained visitors with his stylish skate dancing, said Niki Tennant, spokeswoman for Councilwoman Ruth Galanter.

The original reward expired after two months. Galanter decided to push for a two-month extension on the one-year anniversary of Graham's murder, Tennant said.

Anyone with information on the slaying is asked to call Pacific Area Detectives at (310) 202-4506 or (310) 202-4502 on weekends or after 10 p.m.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|