* [On March 16] a poll was released by two of Los Angeles' most respected residents. It confirmed overwhelming support for the study of Valley cityhood and revealed that two-thirds of Valley voters would vote to form a new Valley city now ("Valley Survey Indicates Support for Secession," March 17).
The poll showed extremely high support for cityhood among Valley voters of all economic strata and ethnic backgrounds. Eight out of 10 are prepared to sign a petition to request that the Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO) perform the study necessary to determine if the Valley can be a separate city.
Teilhard de Chardin said, "There is no force on earth more powerful than an idea whose time has come." The time has come to explore Valley cityhood.
* 54.6% of Valley voters believe a new Valley city would be less bureaucratic.
* 64.5% believe their quality of life would be better in a new Valley city.
* 76.4% believe a new Valley city would be more efficient.
* 81.2% favor having the question of Valley cityhood put on the ballot for a vote of the people.
* 80.2% are willing to sign the petitions required to have LAFCO begin studies.
The voters have spoken. They want to study Valley cityhood. We trust the judgment of our fellow residents and will work on their behalf to deliver them the opportunity to make their own educated and informed decision.
Treasurer, Valley VOTE