Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsFixme

FOCUS: ORANGE COUNTY COMMUNITY NEWS | CENTRAL / ORANGE

Debate Delayed on Old Towne Project

April 14, 1998|LESLEY WRIGHT

A debate over one neighbor's plan to build duplexes and a cottage behind his Old Towne home will continue for at least another month.

Ralph Zehner, a homeowner on the 600 block of Culver Avenue, asked the city to postpone a public hearing on his proposal that had been set for tonight.

The hearing, which was expected to draw a roomful of opponents and supporters before the City Council, has been tentatively rescheduled for May 12.

Zehner has proposed building two, two-story duplexes and the cottage behind his 1904 house.

But the plan has drawn opposition from some of his neighbors and the Old Towne Preservation Assn. The development would not fit into the general look of Old Towne, which last year won a place on the National Register of Historic Places, association members said.

Zehner said he is going to consider other options, including a redesign of his plans.

"There's no cohesiveness," he said of the city regulatory process for building in Old Towne. "I'm just lost."

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|