Rupert Murdoch's Fox Group signed a deal for the rights to an option for 40% of the Kings, pending NHL approval. STORY A1.
Murdoch's major moves in L.A. in the last year:
* Paid $311 million to buy the Dodgers.
* Signed deal with the Kings for the rights to an option for 40% of the team.
* Bought a 40% interest in the $500-million Staples Center, home to the Kings, Lakers and Clippers beginning in 1999.
* Trying to purchase an option from Kings to buy 10% of the Lakers, pending NBA approval.
* Owns property surrounding Dodger Stadium at Chavez Ravine, considered a leading site for a new NFL stadium when and if the Coliseum plan fails.