* The Don Miller Orchestra plays at Birraporetti's at South Coast Plaza, 3333 Bristol St., Costa Mesa. 8 tonight. Free. (714) 850-9090.
* The Arlene German Band plays at Steamers Cafe, 138 W. Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton. 8 tonight. Two-item minimum. (714) 871-8800.
* trespassers william, Deep Mosey, Bliss and Lady Mayhem play at the Galaxy Concert Theatre, 3503 S. Harbor Blvd., Santa Ana. 8 tonight. $8-$10. (714) 957-0600.
* Eddie & the Waiters play at the Renaissance Dana Point, 24701 Del Prado Ave. 8 tonight. Free. (949) 661-6003.
* Sourpuss, Portable and 10-Mile Tongue play at Linda's Doll Hut, 107 S. Adams St., Anaheim. 9 tonight. $3. (714) 533-1286.
* "The Spirit of Winter," work by 12 painters and photographers from Orange County, opens at the Cypress Community Gallery, 5700 Orange Ave. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. today. Free. Through Jan. 3. (714) 229-6780.
* "Play Mode," video works, photographs, interactive sculpture, paintings and textual works on paper by Lutz Bacher, Stan Douglas, Joseph Grigely, Bia Gayotto and other artists, continues through Saturday at the UC Irvine Art Gallery, near West Peltason Drive. Noon-5 p.m. today. Free. (949) 824-6610.
* "Photography and the Old West," historic black-and-white images documenting the early American western landscape by 15 pioneering photographers, continues through Dec. 31 at the Old Courthouse Museum, 211 W. Santa Ana Blvd., Santa Ana. 9 a.m.-5 p.m. today. Free. (714) 834-3703.
* The annual Sisterhood Hanukkah Bazaar begins at Temple Bat Yahm, 1011 Camelback St., Newport Beach. 9 a.m.-4 p.m. today. Free. Through Thursday. (949) 644-1999.
* More than 300 Nativity scenes representing more than 30 countries and set to live holiday music are on view at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 674 S. Yorba St., Orange. 5-9 p.m. today. Free. (714) 550-7679.
* The Festival of Trees, Dozens of Christmas trees decorated by local artists, designers and florists, along with entertainment and exhibits, concludes today at the South Coast Plaza Crystal Court, 3333 Bear St., Costa Mesa. 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Free. (949) 574-7208.
* Children ages 4 to 6 observe birds and other flying creatures and make a fluttering critter craft to take home in "Wings and Things" at the Oak Canyon Nature Center, 6700 E. Walnut Canyon Road, Anaheim. 1-2 p.m. today. $3. (714) 998-8380.
* The Orange County Women's Chorus, led by Raymond Egan, will sing its first concert Sunday at 7 p.m. at Newport Harbor Lutheran Church, 798 Dover Drive, Newport Beach. The program, "A Flower in Winter," will include Benjamin Britten's "A Ceremony of Carols" and music of Baroque Mexico, Eastern Europe, Israel and the United States. Tickets: $7 in advance; $8 at the door. (714) 838-6965.
--Compiled by Kenneth Williams