* Why did the teacher wear sunglasses to the classroom? Because his students were very bright. (Luis Padilla, 8, Fontana, Mango Elementary)
* What is a witch's favorite subject in school? Spell-ing. (Diego Fierros, 8, Fontana, Mango Elementary)
* What was the difference between the dragon and the dinosaur? The dinosaur was too young to smoke. (Patty Contreras, 9, Fontana, Mango Elementary)
* Why do vampires drink blood? Root beer makes them burp. (Nicholas Mendoza, 8, Fontana, Mango Elementary)
* Why didn't the turtle panic when his car broke down? He had a shell phone. (Gage Boozan, 6, Sherman Oaks, Riverside Drive Elementary)
* SEND US A LINE: Kids, got a joke? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Include (print, please) your full name, age, hometown and school.