Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

VENTURA COUNTY FOCUS | PORT HUENEME

Small Fire at Base Draws Much Attention

January 14, 1998|SCOTT HADLY

Dozens of firefighters converged on a smoldering clothes dryer at the Wakefield Gymnasium at the Port Hueneme Navy base about 9 a.m. Tuesday.

The massive response of firefighters from the Naval Construction Battalion and the Oxnard and the Ventura County fire departments, was in part because a gas line was ruptured about the same time that the dryer began smoking, said Linda Wadley, a base spokeswoman.

The gas line was repaired and the small fire that started in the clothes dryer was put out without incident, Wadley said.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|