7pm / Theater
Making a rare Southern California stage appearance, internationally acclaimed South African playwright-actor Athol Fugard will play a leading role in the West Coast premiere of his newest work, "The Captain's Tiger, a Memoir for the Stage."
* "The Captain's Tiger, a Memoir for the Stage," La Jolla Playhouse, Mandell Weiss Theatre, La Jolla Village Drive and Torrey Pines Road. Sunday, 7 p.m. Regular schedule: Tuesdays-Saturdays, 8 p.m.; Sundays, 7 p.m.; Saturdays-Sundays, 2 p.m. Ends Aug. 9. $21-$39. (619) 550-1010.
7:30pm / Pop Music
Hanson's Southern California fans finally get what they've been screaming for: Brothers Zachary, Isaac and Taylor make their L.A. debut bopping under the stars at the Hollywood "MMMBowl."
* Hanson at the Hollywood Bowl, 2301 N. Highland Ave. $28-$40. (213) 480-3232.
8 pm / Dance
The first weekend in the new Grand Performances series at the Watercourt in California Plaza downtown finishes with an evening showcasing Victoria Marks, a 1997 Alpert Award and 1987-88 Fulbright Fellowship winner. Often incorporating speech, her work was seen in New York and London prior to her recently joining the World Arts and Cultures teaching staff at UCLA. The Watercourt program includes "Father/Daughter Dance," "Men" (a film collaboration with director Margaret Williams), "Back, Present" and "My First Solo." Marks will also appear July 18 in the Luckman Theatre at Cal State L.A. as part of the annual Dance Kaleidoscope festival.
* Victoria Marks, California Plaza, 350 S. Grand Ave., downtown. Free. (213) 687-2159.
11am / Family
The Theatricum Botanicum's popular summer series of Peter Alsop's Kids Koncerts kicks off the season with singer-songwriter Dan Crow (Disney and "The Adventures of Milo and Otis").
* Peter Alsop's Kids Koncerts, Sundays at 11 a.m. through Sept. 20. Will Geer Theatricum Botanicum, 1419 N. Topanga Canyon Blvd., Topanga. $6. (310) 455-0499.
4:30pm / Family
Young performers revel in their cultural roots at the International Youth Folk Arts Festival. United by their joy of movement, the Korean Dance Academy, Junior Kultura Philippine Folk Arts, Cleary School of Irish Dance, Hekiatn e Kanchum Armenian Musical Theater and St. Nectarios Church Greek Dancers will perform in this one-hour concert for all ages.
* International Youth Folk Arts Festival, John Anson Ford Amphitheatre, 2580 Cahuenga Blvd. East, Hollywood. $7. (323) 461-3673.
10:30am / Music
Inaugurating the new Sunday Brunch Classics Series at the John Anson Ford Amphitheatre, the internationally acclaimed ensemble the Takacs Quartet plays string quartets by Haydn, Bartok and Beethoven for the early-Sunday crowd. A buffet brunch prepared by the Ford's caterer will be served beginning at 8:30 a.m. Subsequent touring chamber ensembles appear Aug. 9, Aug. 16 and Sept. 6.
* Brunch Classics Series presents the Takacs Quartet, John Anson Ford Amphitheatre, 2580 Cahuenga Blvd. East, Hollywood. $20; brunch: $12. (213) 461-3673.
FREEBIE: Pico Rivera Concert Series presents the Susie Hansen Band, Smith Park, 5 p.m. (562) 801-4430.