* Why is baseball like a cake? They both depend on the batter. (Joseph Mathieu, 11, Rancho Palos Verdes, Vista Grande Elementary)
* What do you get when you cross a stegosaurus with Einstein? A smarter dinosaur. (Elijah Wolf, 7, Sherman Oaks, Roscomare Road School)
* What is Luke Skywalker's least favorite place to eat? Jabba the Pizza Hut. (Katie Burris, 7, Calabasas, Chaparral Elementary)
* What bug makes a great softball player? A spider, because it catches flies. (Karen Betty Mikeandrews, 5, Sunny Creek, Park Elementary)
* Why were there so many philosophers in ancient Greece? Because there were only two professions--goat herder and philosopher. (Riaz Shah, 12, Los Angeles, El Sereno Middle School)
KIDS, GOT A JOKE? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Print (or type) your full name, age, hometown and school. Please note that we try to avoid jokes we've published before. And please be patient.