Advertisement

Costa Mesa Offices Hit by Blaze

March 02, 1998|DAVAN MAHARAJ | TIMES STAFF WRITER

COSTA MESA — A two-alarm fire believed to have been caused by faulty electrical wiring damaged a two-story office complex Sunday, authorities said.

Firefighters who were summoned to the building at 2915 Redhill Ave. about 8:10 a.m. discovered a lobby area engulfed in smoke and flames, said Jim Ellis, a battalion chief with the Costa Mesa Fire Department.

Ellis said firefighters took about 20 minutes to put out the blaze, which caused about $150,000 damage.

Fire investigators believe the fire was started by an electrical short, Ellis said.

The fire was probably smoldering through Saturday before it was discovered by an employee who showed up for work Sunday morning at one of several small businesses in the complex.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|