* David Mudgett has been appointed executive vice president of Newport Beach-based Donahue Schriber, and will oversee the company's regional and urban center division and third-party services. Before joining the company, he was president of Koll Real Estate Group's Asian division. Mudgett was president of Irvine Retail Properties Co., a subsidiary of the Irvine Co., for four years. Patrick Donahue was also named executive vice president, and will be responsible for the company's REIT portfolio of 46 nonregional shopping centers. He most recently served as senior vice president of regional and nonregional center operations and third-party services.
* David R. Butler has been named to the newly created position of chief operating officer for State of the Art Inc., an Irvine subsidiary of the Sage Group plc. Butler was formerly vice president of sales. In addition, Richard G. Lull was appointed to the new post of vice president and general manager of the enterprise systems division. He had been vice president of marketing.
* David J. Simkin, a vice president at Marine National Bank, has been appointed manager of the Irvine office. He was formerly a senior loan officer. Simkin joined the bank in 1987 from Manufacturers Bank, where he was a corporate loan officer.
* Michael Willcocks has been named vice president of Gateway Partners, part of Gateway 2000 Inc.'s new Gateway Business division in Irvine. Before joining the company, Willcocks was senior vice president of AST Research, where he was responsible for sales, marketing and service and support activities in the Asia Pacific/Middle East region. Before that, he was with Apple Computers Inc., where he held the senior management positions of vice president, worldwide enterprise and government marketing, and vice president, global accounts. Gateway 2000 is a direct marketer of personal computer products.
* Shelle Schein has been made managing partner of Lord & Schein Marketing Solutions in Huntington Beach. Schein previously worked for Nature's Life as brand manager and has consulted with other companies in various industries.
* Darla Callahan has been appointed senior associate in the Newport Beach office of Gensler, an interior design and architectural firm. Before joining the firm in December 1996, she was vice president, interior design director and co-managing principal at Ehrlich-Rominger's Newport Beach office.
* Laurie Wodiske has been elected chairperson of the board of directors for the California Assn. of Community Managers, an Irvine-based trade association. She is vice president at Merit Property Management Inc. in Mission Viejo.
* Tom Wolfe has been appointed executive vice president, national production manager for WFS Financial Inc., an Irvine automobile finance company. He was previously with KeyAuto Finance, where he was responsible for the national sales and operations division of the company's indirect auto finance business.
* Michele Perrin has joined Bank United as vice president and account officer for the Mortgage Banker Finance division. She will be based in the Santa Ana office.
* Denise Bergstrom has been named regional manager, management division for Keystone Pacific Property Management Inc. in Newport Beach, and Kimberly Onishi has been appointed regional manager, new project development. Bergstrom joined the company in 1992; Onishi in 1990.
* Michael Mack has been named to the newly created position of director, services business development and marketing for Toshiba America Medical Systems in Tustin. Prior to joining Toshiba, Mack was with General Electric Medical Systems.
* Kathe Aspirin has been appointed director of client services for Ervin Advertising & Design. She will oversee customer relations and marketing programs for the agency. Aspirin was formerly account executive.
* Bill Lawrence has been named chief operating officer and senior vice president of Caliber Collision Centers in Irvine. Lawrence had been with Allstate Insurance for 28 years.
* Jeffery J. Dickerson has been appointed director of construction for Opus West Construction Corp. in Irvine. He was previously senior project manager and lead estimator for Bostleman Corp. in Holland, Ohio. Matt A. Cramer was named project manager. He had been a senior project manager for L.E. Wentz Co. in Newport Beach.
* Marice White has been named senior associate in Irvine-based Nelson Communications Group's campaigns division. White joined the agency two years ago.
* Dean Campbell has joined Systems Management Specialists, a Santa Ana information technology company, as vice president of the health care practice. He was previously chief information officer and senior executive for clinical ancillary operations and general support services for Childrens Hospital Los Angeles.
* Rick Sherwood has been appointed senior account manager for Iris LLC, a Newport Beach real estate software development company. He spent three years at Moore Data Management Services before joining the company.