What's happening the next few weeks:
* The Portland Art Museum currently has on display "Monet: Late Paintings of Giverny From the Musee Marmottan," a show that focuses on Monet's later works, including "Yellow and Mauve Irises," above. The exhibition traces Monet's evolution from Impressionism to abstraction. Portland Art Museum, 1219 S.W. Park Ave. Tuesdays-Sundays, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. $6, adults; $4.50, seniors and students; $2.50, 15 and under. (503) 226-2811.
* The Northwest Film and Video Festival celebrates its 25th anniversary starting today with a program of shorts that includes "The Dowager's Feast," the latest "clay painting" from Oscar-winning animator Joan Gratz. Program runs through Nov. 12. General admission, $6; students and seniors, $5; festival pass, $30. Most screenings take place at the Guild Theater, S.W. 9th Street and Taylor Street. (503) 221-1156. Full program information available at http://www.nwfilm.org/nwfv25/.
* The renowned Portland Ballet Theatre offers its unique take on the holiday classic "The Nutcracker" Dec. 10-27. Artistic director James Canfield has set Tchaikovsky's ballet in Imperial Russia, with sets and costumes by Campbell Baird, known for his designs for the Joffrey Ballet and Metropolitan Opera. Civic Auditorium, 1500 S.W. 3rd St. Tuesdays-Sundays, 7:30 p.m. Matinees Saturdays-Sundays and Dec. 22-24, 2 p.m. No performances evening of Dec. 24 or Dec. 25. $10-$85.50. (888) 9-BALLET.
* Portland's Artists Repertory Theatre opens "Having Our Say" by Emily Mann on Nov. 13, a play based on the book of the same name by 100-year-old sisters Sarah and Elizabeth Delany. Artists Repertory Theatre, 1516 S.W. Alder St. Wednesdays-Thursdays, 7 p.m.; Fridays-Saturdays, 8 p.m.; Sundays, 2 p.m. (503) 241-1ART.
* LaLuna hosts several rock concerts in the coming weeks, including the Eels, Nov. 11; Reel Big Fish, Nov. 23; Better Than Ezra, Nov. 27; Meat Beat Manifesto, Nov. 28; and the Goo Goo Dolls, Nov. 29. All concerts start at 9:30 p.m. at LaLuna, 215 S.E. 9th Ave. Ticket prices vary. (503) 224-4400.