Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

NEWS IN BRIEF: A summary of developments across Los
Angeles County | Community News File / West Hollywood

250,000 Expected for Halloween Festival

October 30, 1998

A crowd of 250,000 is expected for the annual Halloween Carnaval on Saturday on Santa Monica Boulevard, making it the biggest in the event's 13-year history, officials said.

Last year, sheriff's deputies estimated that about 200,000 people attended, said city spokeswoman Tish Sutherland.

This year, she noted, the holiday falls on a Saturday.

The event will be held from 7 p.m. to 1 a.m. between Doheny Drive and La Cienega Boulevard. Most businesses will be open, Sutherland said, but the road will be closed to traffic.

There will be entertainment, food and merchandise vendors. Finalists from a series of city-sponsored costume contests will compete for awards.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|