Advertisement

News in Brief: A summary of developments across Los
Angeles County | Community News File / Malibu

Public Works Director Resigns After Five Years

September 01, 1998

The city's director of public works has announced that he will leave Malibu to take a similar job in Northern California, officials said.

John Clement, who announced his resignation last week, will head the public works department in Santa Cruz beginning in late September, said Deputy City Clerk Virginia Bloom.

His last day at work in Malibu will be Sept. 25, she said.

Hired in 1993, Clement is the only public works director the 7-year-old city has had. He oversaw the reopening of Kanan Dume Road after its yearlong closure because of a landslide, and introduced flood control measures in the Las Flores Canyon area, among myriad other projects.

City Manager Harry Peacock plans to hire an interim director as soon as possible, Bloom said. A search for Clement's replacement will begin within the month. City officials hope to hire a new director by the first of the year.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|