* What did the homeless computer say to the worker at the homeless shelter? "I haven't had a byte to eat in weeks." (Alisa Savetasila, 11, San Gabriel, Jefferson Middle School)
* What did the boy say to the spider? "Quit hanging around." (Jake Green, 5, Mountain Meadows, Mountain Meadows Elementary School)
* What did the tie say to the hat? "You go on a head. I'll hang around." (Sarah Hock, 12, Upland, Pioneer Jr. High)
* Why did the coffee have to stay in its room? Because it was grounded. (Austen Lane-Roberts, 7, Calabasas, Bay Laurel Elementary)
* Knock, knock. Who's there? I wish. I wish who? I wish you would open the door! (Ramon Gonsalves, 6, Fullerton, St. Juliana's)
* What do snakes study in school? Hiss-tory. (Karlo Soria, 13, La Puente, St. Louis of France School)
KIDS, GOT A JOKE? Send it to Pint-Sized Punch Lines by fax, (213) 237-0732, or mail, Life & Style, Los Angeles Times, Times Mirror Square, Los Angeles, CA 90053. Print (or type) your full name, age, hometown and school.