Advertisement

NEWS IN BRIEF: A summary of developments across Los
Angeles County | Community News File / Pomona

Infant Dies After Swallowing Balloon

September 29, 1998

An 8-month-old baby died Sunday after swallowing a balloon, police said.

Responding to a call from the child's parents, police and Los Angeles County Fire Department paramedics arrived Sunday night at the family home on the 1000 block of Cambrin Road.

The child, identified by Los Angeles County coroner's officials as Jonathan Gutierrez, was taken to Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center, where he died at 10:05 p.m.

Pomona Police Sgt. Elias Valdez said a balloon was removed from the child's throat. Scott Carrier of the coroner's office said Monday that the body had yet to be examined to determine the exact cause of death.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|