* Insurance firm Yates & Associates signed a seven-year, $1.5-million lease on 12,233 square feet of office space at 2100 E. 4th St. in Santa Ana. Chris Latta and John Hatzis of Lee & Associates represented the landlord, the Cobb Grandchildren Trust. The tenant was represented by Terry Knapper of CB Richard Ellis.
* Garris Plastering bought a 16,862-square-foot industrial building on 1.9 acres at 1605 N. O'Donnell Way in Orange for $1.5 million from California Custom Motors. Chris Migliori of Daum Commercial Real Estate Services represented both the buyer and the seller.
* Cedars Sinai Medical Network signed a five-year, $1.4-million lease for 13,262 square feet at 6380 Wilshire Blvd. in Los Angeles. Mitch Stokes and Bob Safai of Madison Partners represented the landlord, Kennedy-Wilson. Cedars Sinai was represented by Chris Bonbright of Ramsey-Shilling Commercial Real Estate.
* Silver Investments bought a 14,400-square-foot shopping center at 23000 Ventura Blvd. in Woodland Hills for $1.4 million from EMH Properties as part of a 1031 exchange. The seller was represented by J. Richard Leyner, Cal Menzer and Zina Jacobson of Capital Commercial/NAI. The buyer was represented by Michael Harris of Fred Sands Realty.
* Retailer Hobby Shack, based in Fountain Valley, has signed a 10-year, $1.3-million lease for 4,530 square feet of retail space at 10815-19 Pico Blvd. in L.A.'s Westside Cente. Grubb & Ellis' Marc J. Pollock and George Garvin represented the landlord, Wells Fargo Bank. Independent broker Paul Wyne represented the tenant.
* AMI/HTI Tarzana Regional Medical Center, a subsidiary of Tenet Healthcare, signed a five-year, $1.2-million lease for 10,012 square feet of space at Wilbur Medical Plaza, 5620 Wilbur Ave. in Tarzana. The landlord was represented by Dean Heck and Robert Gray of Beitler Commercial Realty Services. The tenant was represented by Garth Hogan of Medical Realty Advisors.
* Investors Menella Spivak, Aza Morozov, Lana Shlimovich and Olga Starikov acquired a 15,700-square-foot office building at 137 N. Virgil Ave. in Los Angeles for $1 million from Hankey Investment. Sue Horowitz of Capital Commercial/NAI represented the buyers. Hankey represented itself.
* BXI International Inc. signed a five-year, $1.1-million lease for 20,700 square feet of space at 3110 W. Empire Ave. in Burbank. Todd Byer and Robert Carter of Commercial Resource Real Estate Services represented both the tenant and the landlord, 1928 Jewelry Co.