* Jon H. Sasaki has joined the Southern California division of Richmond American Homes in Irvine as senior vice president of finance. He was previously vice president and corporate controller at Shapell Industries.
* Jeffry K. Weinhuff has been named president of EPS Solutions Corp. in Costa Mesa. David J. Losito was appointed executive vice president of corporate development. Both were formerly with Jefferies & Co. Inc. Weinhuff co-founded the corporate finance group at Jefferies, where he served as an executive vice president and co-director of corporate finance. Losito most recently served as a managing director in the corporate finance department of Jefferies. In addition, Walter Schindler has been named vice chairman of the board of directors and will be a member of the office of the chairman. He was formerly managing partner of the Orange County office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher.
* Rick Miranda has been appointed senior vice president of development for the Western division of Koll Development Co. in Newport Beach. Before joining Koll, Miranda was vice president of Prologis, formerly Security Capital Industrial Trust, in Santa Ana. He has also served as vice president of Arnel Development Co. In addition, John Tumminello Jr. has been named vice president of finance for Koll Capital, the financial services division of Koll Development. He was previously with Citibank's global real estate investment origination group in New York.
* Sam Yau has joined the board of directors of alphaServ.com in Santa Ana, formerly Alpha Microsystems. Yau had been chief executive of National Education Corp. from 1995 to 1997.
* Stephanie Forte has been named senior marketing specialist at Corbin & Wertz in Irvine. She was formerly with First Union Insurance Services, a division of First Union National Bank.
* Allen C. Barbieri has been appointed chief financial officer of Buy.Com in Aliso Viejo. Before joining the Internet company, Barbieri spent five years as the president and chief executive of Pacific National Bank. In addition, John Herr has joined the company as vice president of sales and marketing. He previously held senior management roles at Ziff-Davis, a technology media company, most recently as vice president of international business.
* Roger Williams has been named branch manager for Orange-based Syzygy Network Solutions' new regional office in San Diego. He previously worked in project management in the Internet/intranet industry and before that, was director of sales for TSI in San Diego.
* Lawrence Niles is the new chief operating officer of Cal Quality Electronics in Santa Ana, an electronic manufacturing services provider. Niles had been with Excellon Automation for seven years, as vice president of operations and vice president of acquisitions/business development.
* Susan Jones has been named director of the Saddleback College Foundation in Mission Viejo. She was formerly with United Way of Orange County for 10 years, serving as the south region director and then vice president for resource development.
* Jim Sill has been named regional vice president for Carl's Jr.'s newly created region 10. He will oversee operations of 52 Carl's Jr. restaurants in Simi Valley, Santa Barbara, Bakersfield and California's Central Coast. Suzi Brown has been appointed director of public relations for CKE Restaurants Inc. Brown, who has been with the company for more than three years, oversees internal and external communications for the parent company and Carl's Jr. restaurants. Connie Codon has been named director of franchise administration and will oversee franchise contracts for all Carl's Jr. and Hardee's franchise development in the U.S. and Mexico. Colleen Ford-McDonough has been appointed director of real estate asset management, and Ricardo Gomez is the new director of claims. Jeffrey Lewis was promoted to director of operations for region 7 and oversees operations for the 26 Rally's and 87 Boston Market restaurants that CKE operates through management agreements. Before joining CKE as manager of operations for the company's Rally's locations in 1996, Lewis was a district manager at Rally's Hamburgers. Ron Wennerberg has been named director of quality assurance. During his 18 years with CKE, Wennerberg has held a number of positions in various quality control functions, most recently manager of the field quality-assurance representatives.
* Robert P. Murphy has been named chief executive of Granite Financial Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Fidelity National Financial Inc. in Irvine. Murphy joined the company from Winthrop Resources Corp., where he was most recently executive vice president of sales and marketing.
* Ned Altemus has been appointed director of wholesale lending for Downey Savings and Loan Assn.'s residential lending division. He was formerly a regional production manager for Downey's wholesale department.