Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

FOCUS: ORANGE COUNTY COMMUNITY NEWS

Tustin

July 21, 1999|James Meier, (714) 966-5988

The City Council decided Monday that no further precautions are needed along Prospect Avenue where a fatal traffic accident occurred last month. A report submitted by city staff showed that only six accidents have occurred along the stretch since April 1997. Traffic engineer Doug Anderson told the council that the average secondary arterial highway has about 5.5 times more accidents than that stretch of Prospect.

Councilman Mike Doyle said that since the accident is still under investigation, the council should not make any changes such as the removal of on-street parking and the addition of left-hand turn lanes.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|