The 25th annual Seal Beach Chamber Music Festival will open July 7 with a program of music by Beethoven, Kodaly, Milhaud and other composers played by the Ariel Ensemble.
Ensemble members include Carolyn Osborn, violin; Cynthia Morrow, viola, and Alan Parker, cello.
The series continues:
* July 14: Palo Verde Trio (Alison Edwards, piano; Peter Marsh, violin; Charles Baker, cello): Trios by Tchaikovsky and Beethoven.
* July 21: Members of the Southwest Chamber Music Society: String quartets by Mozart and Debussy.
* July 28: Young Artists Guild concert (Winners of the Music Teachers Assn. of California convention competition): artists and program to be announced.
* Aug. 4: Festival Quartet (Carolyn Osborn and Kirstin Fife, violins; Cynthia Morrow, viola; Alan Parker, cello): String quartets by Tchaikovsky, Wolf and Haydn.
* Aug. 11: Musica Angelica (Michael Eagan, director): medieval and renaissance music.
All programs start at 8 p.m. in the McGaugh School Auditorium, 1698 Bolsa Ave., Seal Beach. Admission is free. Information: (818) 902-5688.