* The Proven: Megan Abbamonto (Capistrano Valley), D, Sr., first-team All-Southern Section Division I; Kendall Billingsley (Mission Viejo), F, Jr., first-team Times all-county, 21 goals and 25 assists; Ashley Clift (El Modena), MF, Sr., great ballhandler and playmaker; Erin Clewett (Esperanza), F, So., first-team All-Southern Section Division I ; Sierra Cristiano (Woodbridge), F, Sr., set school's single-season scoring record with 20 goals; Kim Devine (Aliso Niguel), F, Jr., first-team Times all-county, 22 goals and 12 assists; Sarah Gibson (Sonora), S, Sr., three-time Freeway League MVP; Lindsey Greco (Capistrano Valley), F, Sr., first-team Times all-county, South Coast League MVP with 20 goals, nine assists; Katie Rivera (Santa Margarita), F, Fr., scored team-high 15 goals last season leading the Eagles to third straight title; Ashley Swanson (Woodbridge), D, Jr., scored 18 goals out of the backfield last season.
* The Promising: Tessa Baker (Aliso Niguel), F, So., first team all-league with 11 goals and 13 assists; Chelsea Davis (Marina), S, So., started every game as freshman in Vikings' backfield; Ashley DeAlejandro (Los Alamitos), G, Sr., recorded 16 shutouts last season; Jamie Lautenschlager (Laguna Hills), G, Jr., first-team all-league; Kristen Moore (Capistrano Valley), MF, Jr., missed the Cougars' final playoff game while training with Olympic development program; Erin Novak (Edison), F, Jr., eight goals, seven assists, blazing speed; Simi Phull (Sunny Hills), F, Jr., 26 goals and 18 assists for quarterfinalists; Laura Riegler (Marina), MF, Sr., second-team Times all-county for second consecutive year; Kristin Skinner (Esperanza), G, Sr., second-team Times all-county with seven shutouts.
* Preseason Top 10: 1. Woodbridge--Jon Szczuka takes over Division II champs with 10 returning starters. 2. Capistrano Valley--Still features the county's best talent, but needs to win the big games; 3. Santa Margarita--Lost five starters, but reloaded easily; 4. Esperanza--Returns top five scorers and a senior-packed defense from quarterfinalist team; 5. Mission Viejo--Kendall Billingsley will carry the load for the Division I finalist; 6. Aliso Niguel--Returns nine starters from squad that was edged out of second round by Esperanza; 7. Edison--Strong defense and speed up front but needs goal scorers; 8. Marina--Nine returning starters looking for first playoff appearance in five years; 9. Mater Dei--Will have to find someone to fill in for graduated Allison Fennell. 10. Sunny Hills--Returns strong front line that defeated Edison in last year's second round.
* Key Dates: Nov. 30, Capistrano Valley at Woodbridge; Dec. 9-11, Mater Dei tournament; Dec. 9, Santa Margarita at Woodbridge; Dec. 14, Esperanza at Mission Viejo; Dec. 21, Capistrano Valley at Esperanza; Dec. 27-29, Excalibur tournament at Foothill HS; Jan. 6, Marina at Edison; Jan. 18, Aliso Niguel at Woodbridge; Jan. 27, Edison at Marina; Feb. 3, Valencia at Brea Olinda; Feb. 8, Marina at Esperanza, Woodbridge at Aliso Niguel; Feb. 10, Sunny Hills at Sonora; Feb. 16, 19, 22, 24, 29, March 4, Southern Section playoffs.
* League Favorites: Academy--St. Margaret's; Century--El Modena; Empire--Cypress; Freeway--Sunny Hills; Garden Grove--Pacifica; Golden West--Ocean View; Olympic--Orange Lutheran; Orange--Brea Olinda; Pacific Coast--Corona del Mar; Sea View--Woodbridge; Serra--Santa Margarita; South Coast--Capistrano Valley; Sunset--Esperanza.
* Fast Fact: Mater Dei will start the season with a bang, hosting its first soccer tournament, Dec. 9-11. Several of the county's best will make an appearance and will give an early preview of what's in store for the season.