* Aug. 31, 1998: Tyson is involved in a minor traffic accident and is accused of punching one man in the chest and kicking another in the groin. Richard Hardick, 50, says Tyson kicked him after his car rear-ended a Mercedes-Benz driven by Tyson's wife, Monica. Hardick says his car was forced into Tyson's car after it was rear-ended by a third vehicle. Abmielec Saucedo claims Tyson struck him in the face.
* Sept. 2, 1998: Hardick files an assault charge against the former heavyweight boxing champion.
* Sept. 3, 1998: Saucedo files criminal assault charges.
* Sept. 18, 1998: Tyson admits to having serious financial troubles and will fight with or without the Nevada State Athletic Commission's blessing.
* Oct. 19, 1998: Nevada State Athletic Commission gives back to Tyson the license it had revoked after the Holyfield incident.
* Jan. 16, 1999: Tyson knocks out Francois Botha in fifth round in Las Vegas.
* Feb. 5, 1999: Tyson begins serving jail sentence in Maryland for assaulting two men after a minor traffic accident.
* May 24, 1999: Tyson is released from jail.