Michael Patrick has been appointed vice president of Datum Inc. and president of Datum-Irvine. He had been Datum-Irvine's executive vice president of operations. Patrick joined Datum in May 1998 as vice president of operations. Before that, he was vice president of operations at Interstate Electronics Corp.
* Jon Engleking has been named chief operating officer of E-Commerce Exchange in Irvine. He had been executive vice president. Since joining the company in 1993, Engleking has also been sales manager and vice president of sales.
* Sherry Harton has joined California Utility Co. in Irvine as director of operations. She was previously acting controller of the Irvine Ranch Water District.
* Jim Walton has been appointed vice president of the newly created Corporate Development group for Nuforia, an Irvine e-business and strategic branding company. He had been with Fluor Corp. for more than 19 years, most recently as director of the strategic planning group.
* Stephen C. Torneo has been appointed vice president-subdivision projects for First American Title Insurance Co. in Santa Ana. Torneo joined First American in 1986 as associate claims counsel and later transferred to the Riverside office as regional claims counsel. He held that position until joining another title company as county manager for Riverside, San Bernardino and Orange counties.
* Barbara Barry is the new vice president of marketing for 3 Day Blinds Inc. in Anaheim. She has previously held marketing positions with Smart and Final, Unocal and Adolph Coors Co., and was marketing manager for the Orange County Transportation Authority.
* Barbara S. Knudsen has joined MBK Homes Ltd. in Irvine as vice president of finance. She was formerly at Forest City Enterprises Inc. and Watt Industries Inc., where she was division chief financial officer.