What's happening the next few weeks:
* "Kat and the Kings," a new musical, above, by David Kramer and Taliep Petersen based on the true story of Kat Diamond and the Cavella Kings, a vocal group from South Africa influenced by American music, is at the Cort Theatre, 138 W. 48th St. $45 to $75. (212) 239-6200 or Telecharge, (800) 432-7250.
* "Saturday Night Fever," a musical based on the 1977 film, is scheduled to begin preview performances Sept. 28, and open Oct. 21 at the Minskoff Theatre, 200 W. 45th St. $30 to $80. (212) 869-0550 or Ticketmaster, (800) 755-4000.
* "Epic Proportions," a comedy about the shooting of a biblical epic film in the 1930s by David Crane and Larry Coen, opens for previews Sept. 7 with a scheduled opening of Sept. 30. At the Helen Hayes Theatre, 240 W. 44th St. $45 to $65. (212) 944-9450 or Telecharge, (800) 432-7250.
* Cellist Yo-Yo Ma plays one recital in New York Oct. 15 at 7:30 p.m. at Carnegie Hall. $19 to $76. Tickets go on sale Sept. 7. Carnegie Hall, 57th Street and 7th Avenue. (212) 247-7800.
* The Metropolitan Museum of Art will have the exhibition "Egyptian Art in the Age of the Pyramids" on display Sept. 16-Jan. 9. The show includes 250 works from more than 30 museums in Europe, Egypt and North America, such as portraits, statues, luxury vessels and furniture. 1000 5th Ave. Open Fridays-Saturdays, 9:30 a.m.-8:45 p.m.; Sundays, Tuesdays-Thursdays, 9:30 a.m.-5:15 p.m. $10; $5, students/seniors. (212) 535-7710.