* Carmelo's Ristorante, 3520 E. Coast Highway, Corona del Mar. Imago plays Brazilian jazz Sundays and Tuesdays. (949) 675-1922.
* Odessa, 680 S. Coast Highway, Laguna Beach. Live jazz nightly. Watch for Latin jazz artists such as Poncho Sanchez, Bobby Redfield and others. (949) 376-8792.
* Renaissance Dana Point, 24701 Del Prado. Latin jazz once or twice a month. Bobby Redfield plays Friday at 8:30. Format also includes blues, jazz and rock. No cover. (949) 661-6003.
* Restaurant Kikuya, 8052 Adams Ave., Huntington Beach. Live jazz Wednesday through Sunday. Watch for Bobby Redfield, Susie Hansen and other jazz artists. (714) 536-6665.
* Spaghettini, 3005 Old Ranch Parkway, Seal Beach. Live R&B and jazz Wednesday through Sunday. Watch for Poncho Sanchez returning three or four times a year. (562) 596-2199.
* Steamers Cafe, 138 W. Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton. Live jazz nightly. The Banda Brothers play Sept. 28. Poncho Sanchez plays regularly, about once a month. Watch for Bobby Redfield, Susie Hansen, the Estrada Brothers and other Latin jazz artists. (714) 871-8800.
Upcoming Latin jazz events:
* Susie Hansen Latin Band, Project Tru, Pier Plaza, 401 Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach. Sunday. Noon. Free. (714) 374-1657.
* Santa Ana Jazz and Blues Festival, Santa Ana Zoo, 1801 Chestnut Ave. Two days of live music beginning Sept. 25. Latin jazz by the Estrada Brothers, Poncho Sanchez, and Alex Acuna & Justo Almario on Sept. 26. $15 per day. (714) 571-4272.
* Katia Maraes & the Samba Guru Brasil Band, Mission San Juan Capistrano, 31522 Camino Capistrano. Sept. 25. $10. (949) 443-2063.
* Poncho Sanchez, Robert B. Moore Theatre, Orange Coast College, 2701 Fairview Road, Costa Mesa. Oct. 23. $20-$26. (714) 432-5880.
* Arturo Sandoval, Orange County Performing Arts Center, 600 Town Center Drive, Costa Mesa. March 3-5. (714) 556-2787.
* Chucho Valdes Quartet, Irvine Barclay Theatre, 4242 Campus Drive. May 1. (949) 854-4646.
--Compiled by Ken Williams