The Internal Revenue Service extended the tax filing deadline until Monday, and several San Fernando Valley post offices will be open late that day to accept last-minute returns.
Because April 15--the traditional filing date--is a Saturday, the government is giving taxpayers until Monday, April 17, to file returns.
The following post offices will remain open until midnight Monday to sell stamps and collect and postmark state and federal income tax returns:
* Burbank Main Post Office, 2140 Hollywood Way.
* Canoga Park Main Post Office, 8201 Canoga Ave.
* Glendale Main Post Office, 313 E. Broadway.
* Lancaster Main Post Office, 1008 W. Ave. J-2.
* Santa Clarita Main Post Office, 23455 Creekside Road.
* Studio City Post Office, 3950 Laurel Canyon Blvd.
* Sylmar Post Office, 13700 Foothill Blvd.