Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollectionsFixme

VENTURA COUNTY ROUNDUP | Simi Valley

City's Look at Runkle Canyon Plan Delayed

August 01, 2000|MIKE McCARTHY

Because the two property owners involved in the proposed Runkle Canyon development have not reached an agreement on how to develop the land, it may be several more months before the City Council gets a look at plans for the 600-home neighborhood.

The City Council was scheduled to review preliminary plans last week, when officials were to tell the developers whether they would consider amending the city's General Plan to accommodate the upscale homes and an 18-hole golf course south of where Royal and Sequoia avenues meet.

But the developers asked city staff to pull the item from the City Council's most recent meeting agenda only days before the discussion was to take place.

About 540 acres are owned by GreenPark Holdings LLC and 1,060 by Czerwinski Revocable Trust. The proposed developer is Hogle-Ireland Inc.

About 20%, or 120, of the new homes to be built, will be considered affordable and would be targeted to seniors, said Randy Wheeler, chief executive officer of GreenPark. Although it's still too early to suggest exact prices on the other 80%, Wheeler said they will be comparable to what high-priced estate homes usually go for.

Councilman Glen Becerra said he doesn't believe the delays will affect the long-term value of the development.

City officials estimate the project will return for council scrutiny in October.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|