Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: LAT HomeCollections

Our Times: Orange County Community News

Yorba Linda

August 02, 2000|Deepa Bharath, (714) 520-2513

A local group has appealed a Superior Court judge's decision that allowed the city to go ahead with the Imperial Highway widening project.

Judge Robert E. Thomas had rejected in April a lawsuit filed by Yorba Lindans for Responsible Planning to block construction until additional environmental studies could be done. The appeal was filed Tuesday at the Superior Court in Santa Ana.

Resident Mark Abramowitz, who leads the effort, said group members "are excited and motivated to move ahead with the appeal."

The city began the first phase of the project last month between Yorba Linda Boulevard and a point 700 feet north of Esperanza Road.

In April, Thomas said the city was not required to prepare an environmental impact report on the project.

Advertisement
Los Angeles Times Articles
|
|
|