On Saturday, the Alzheimer's Assn. will offer a workshop for caregivers. Edwards Newport Cinemas, 300 Newport Center Drive, Newport Beach. 9 to 11 a.m. Free. For reservations and information, contact the Alzheimer's Assn. at (714) 283-1111.
* Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays: "Take AIM (Asthma Information and Management) and Understand Asthma." $45. Northridge Hospital, Sherman Way Campus, 14500 Sherman Circle, Van Nuys. For times, appointments and information, call (818) 901-4522.
* Today: "Kidney and Bladder Disorder," Jewish Family Service Valley Storefront, 12821 Victory Blvd., North Hollywood. 2 p.m. Reservations: (818) 984-0276.
* Wednesday: CPR class, Glendale Fire Department, 421 Oak St., Glendale (behind Glendale Galleria). 6 to 10 p.m. $25. Registration: (818) 243-3121.
* Wednesday: A prosthodontist will discuss the risks and benefits of dental implants. UCLA Campus, Louis Jolyon West Auditorium, 720 Westwood Plaza, Westwood. 10 to 11:30 a.m. Free. Reservations: (800) 515-5323.
* Thursday: "Getting a Leg Up on Peripheral Vascular Disease." 10 to 11:30 a.m. Glendale Memorial Hospital, Center Auditorium, 1520 S. Central Ave., Glendale. Reservations: (818) 502-2348.
* Thursday: Pulmonary education program for people with respiratory difficulties. Little Company of Mary Hospital, Del E. Webb Center for Health Education, 4101 Torrance Blvd., Torrance. 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Free. (310) 937-1979.
* Saturday: Breast-feeding class for pregnant women and their partners will address advantages and techniques. Beach Cities Health Center, Beach Cities Room, 514 N. Prospect Ave., Hermosa Beach. 9 to 11:30 a.m. $25 for residents, $35 for nonresidents. Registration: (310) 374-3426, Ext. 126.
* Wednesday: Memory screening for anyone 55 years and older will include verbal and written test. Sherman Oaks Hospital, SAGE (Specialize Ambulatory Geriatric Evaluation) Center, Suite 110, 5000 Van Nuys Blvd., Sherman Oaks. 1 to 3 p.m. Free. Appointments: (818) 990-2573.
* Thursday: Diabetes screening, sponsored by UCLA's Healthcare's 50-plus program. Westside Pavilion, Oasis Lecture Room (near Robinsons-May), Pico Boulevard between Overland Avenue and Westwood Boulevard, West Los Angeles. 4 to 5:30 p.m. Free. Reservations: (800) 516-5323.
* Today: Survivors of Suicide helps people who have attempted suicide. Glendale Adventist Medical Center, chaplains' office, 1509 Wilson Terrace. 7:30 to 9 p.m. (818) 409-8008.
* Today: Dementia caregivers support group. Northridge Hospital's Sherman Way Campus, 14500 Sherman Circle, Van Nuys. 4 to 5:30 p.m. (818) 908-8713.
* Tuesday: Ongoing group for people newly diagnosed with breast cancer. Wellness Community-South Bay Cities, Suite No. 100, 109 W. Torrance Blvd., Redondo Beach. 6 to 8 p.m. (310) 376-3550.
* Wednesday: Diabetes support group. San Pedro Peninsula Hospital, Four West Conference Room, 1300 W. 7th St. 3:30 to 5 p.m. Contact Cauleen at (310) 832-3311, Ext. 6041.
* Thursday: Cancer support group, Wellness Community at Providence, Apartment A, 214 Frederick St., Burbank. 2:30 to 4 p.m. (818) 848-2099.
Health Watch runs every Monday. Send items typed and double-spaced three weeks in advance to Health Watch, Health section, Los Angeles Times, 202 W. 1st St., Los Angeles, CA 90012.