ANAHEIM — A construction worker was electrocuted late Tuesday while working at a business, officials said.
The worker, Edward Delatorre, 24, of Bell was lying on scaffolding in full cardiac arrest when paramedics reached him, according to Anaheim Fire Department spokesman Kent Mastain. He was taken to Anaheim Memorial Medical Center and was pronounced dead shortly after 11 p.m.
Anaheim police Sgt. Rick Martinez said Delatorre was working in the attic of a business on North Muller Street with another worker.
"It looks like he had an extension cord he plugged into a light," Martinez said. "It appeared to be accidental."