An Anaheim man was in stable condition Thursday after suffering burns from a kitchen fire ignited by an aerosol paint can, fire officials said.
The man, 40, whose name was not released, was working in his apartment about 8:43 p.m. when the accident occurred, according to Fire Chief Kent Mastain.
The man was using paint from an aerosol can on his kitchen cabinets when vapors reached the oven's pilot light and triggered the blaze, Mastain said.
"If it's not ventilated properly, the vapors can concentrate to a significant amount and if there's an ignition source, it will result in a flash fire," Mastain said.
The victim suffered second-degree burns over 30% of his body, mostly on his chest and legs, and was being treated at UCI Medical Center in Orange.