A Visit to Decked Halls Helps Community
* Wellness Community Holiday Homes Tour 2000 continues today from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at various homes in the Westlake Village area. The tour features refreshments, boutiques and entertainment. Homes will be decorated in different Christmas themes. Tickets are $25. Children under 3 are admitted free. All proceeds benefit the Wellness Community's programs. For schedule, locations and information: 379-0030.
Rotary Club Offering Bundles of Food, Toys
* Santa Paula Rotary Club holds its annual Christmas Basket Project Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. at the Santa Paula Boys & Girls Club, 1400 E. Harvard Blvd. During that time, applications to receive a Rotary Christmas basket can be picked up and turned in. Applications to receive a basket will only be accepted in the first week of December. The Rotary Club delivers up to 400 baskets of food and toys each year to less fortunate families. All baskets will be delivered on Christmas Eve. Information: 644-7188.
Christmas Stories at Bargain Prices
* Ventura Friends of the Library holds a used-book sale from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday in the parking lot of the H.P. Wright Library, 57 Day Road, Ventura. The sale features high-quality books with a Christmas theme, children's books all with bargain prices that are appropriate for gifts. All proceeds benefit the projects of the Ventura Friends of the Library. Information: 659-5930.
Houses Ready for Season's Greeting
* Moorpark Women's Fortnightly Club holds its annual Holiday Home Tour from 3 to 8 p.m. Dec. 10 at six homes in the Moorpark area. Tickets are $12. The event has generated thousands of dollars for local charities, scholarships, libraries and education. For schedules, locations and information: 532-1437.
Books to Be Donated to Camarillo Library
* The Camarillo Library Giving Tree Campaign runs from now until Dec. 31. The campaign places selected book titles on a Christmas tree. Participants then purchase the books and donate them to the library. Each donated book will have a bookplate with the donor's name on it. All books range in price from $5 to $25. To donate a book or for information: 482-1953.
RAIN Center Needs Towels, Diapers, Toiletries
* The RAIN Project Transitional Living Center is holding the fifth annual blanket and clothing drive through Dec. 15 at Camarillo Fire Department Station 54, 2160 Pickwick Drive. The center helps individuals and families regain their independent living status. The center needs clothing, blankets, towels, diapers, toiletries and laundry soap. Information: 389-9710.
Shelter Benefit Features 700 Nativity Scenes
* Ascension Lutheran Church will host its "No Room at the Inn" fund-raising gala from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Friday at 1600 E. Hillcrest Drive, Thousand Oaks. The event features more than 700 nativity scenes from more than 50 countries. There will also be a children's table and a silent auction. Cost is $15. All proceeds benefit winter shelter programs in Ventura County. Information: 484-2184.
Volunteers to Counsel Seniors on Insurance
* The Ventura County Area Agency on Aging needs volunteer counselors to assist seniors who have questions about Medicare, Medigap, HMOs and long-term care insurance problems. Volunteers must complete 24 hours of training and a 10-hour internship. Counselors will commit to a minimum of 40 hours per year and 12 hours of additional training a year. All counselors will work by appointment at area senior centers. To volunteer or for information: 641-4423 or 434-0222.
Volunteers to Help With Tax Preparation
* The American Assn. of Retired Persons is seeking volunteers to aid with income tax preparation for seniors and others from Feb. 1 through April 15. Volunteers should have an interest in tax work, experience and be willing to help four hours a week. Volunteer training will be held in January. To volunteer or for information: 647-4608.
Cancer Society Seeking Drivers for Patients
* American Cancer Society's "Road to Recovery" Program is seeking volunteer drivers to transport patients to and from treatments. Cancer patients are picked up at their homes and driven to and from the treatment facilities. Drivers need a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. To volunteer or for information: 644-6656 or 527-5360.
Annual Tree of Life to Aid Camarillo Hospice
* Camarillo Hospice holds its 15th annual Tree of Life campaign now through Jan. 5. The campaign seeks donations of $15 or more, which will buy the donor a star on the Camarillo Hospice Tree of Life in Constitution Park, Paseo Camarillo and North Carmen Drive. Proceeds will benefit Camarillo Hospice's free programs and support groups. To make a donation or for information: 389-6870.
Superior Court Calls for Volunteer Help
* Ventura County Superior Court of California is seeking volunteers to work at the courthouse in accounting, data entry, the Children's Waiting Room and for Jury Services. The court has an ongoing need for volunteers in many areas. To volunteer or for information: 650-4017.
Community Chest, a weekly listing of charitable fund-raising events, is compiled by Alex Field. Please address items, with a publishable telephone number, to Community Chest, Los Angeles Times, 93 S. Chestnut St., Ventura, CA 93001. Items can also be faxed to The Times at 653-7576 or 653-7548.