* Peter Adee has been appointed president of marketing at Universal Pictures. He will oversee marketing for Universal's domestic feature film releases, including creative advertising, media, publicity, promotion, research, administration and new media.
* National Technical Systems Inc. in Calabasas announced that its board of directors has made two key appointments as part of the company's senior executive succession plan.
William C. McGinnis was promoted to president, assuming that role from Jack Lin, who continues as the company's chief executive. McGinnis also remains chief operating officer, a position he has held since June. The company also announced the promotions of Doug Briskie, Martin M. Dresser, Richard J. Dunne, Raffy Lorentzian and Dwight D. Moore to corporate vice presidents, effective immediately. They will report directly to McGinnis. Andrea H. Korfin was recently named corporate secretary.
National Technical Systems is an outsourcing services company providing organizations in the information technology and high-technology markets integrated testing, certification, quality registration, systems evaluation and staffing services.
* BroadStream in Woodland Hills has appointed Pat Greer chief technology officer and David Wells vice president of finance and administration. Greer directs all technical aspects, including software development, technical operations and support. Wells manages all financial and administrative operations.
BroadStream measures collective streaming traffic patterns over the networked media.
* Steven A. Webb has been appointed director of the Paul Weston Center in Woodland Hills. The center is affiliated with Ability First, formerly known as the Crippled Children's Society, and serves children and adults with disabilities.
* Carrie S. Nebens, executive vice president of North American operations for On Assignment Inc. in Calabasas, will retire Dec. 31, after 13 years with the company. She has held numerous positions, including vice president of support services, assignment services and training.
* Cooper Communications of Woodland Hills has hired account representatives Mari Wilcox Gilbert and Alan C. Carver, and intern Marion Fischer.
Cooper Communications is an independent marketing and public relations firm.