Matthew C. McGuinness is the new chief financial officer of Diedrich Coffee Inc. in Irvine. He was formerly senior vice president and chief financial officer at Denny's Inc. McGuinness succeeds Ann Wride, who assumes the new position of senior vice president, strategic development.
* Michael C. Cortney has been named executive vice president of Standard Pacific Corp. in Costa Mesa. He will retain his position as president of the Northern California division of the home-building company
* Jeffrey D. Koblentz has been named a director of ARV Assisted Living Inc. in Costa Mesa. He is a vice president of Lazard Freres Real Estate Investors LLC.
* Patricia Terraciano-Spence is the new director of marketing for El Pollo Loco in Irvine. She joined the company a year ago as senior marketing manager after serving as associate marketing manager for Taco Bell Corp. Terraciano-Spence also has assisted in the marketing department at Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits Restaurants and was an analyst for Marketing Spectrum Inc. in Atlanta.
* B. Wayne Johnson is the new president and chief operating officer of Sutura Inc., a Fountain Valley medical device company. He had been president and chief executive of Prostec LLC, a division of Syntheon LLC. Before that, he was vice president, worldwide operations for Cordis, a Johnson & Johnson Co. In addition, Robert A. Combs has joined the company as vice president of sales and marketing. Combs was formerly vice president of international sales and marketing for W.L. Gore & Associates. Prior to that, he held senior sales management positions at Cordis Corp. and Johnson & Johnson.
* Jeff Simcox will head the new Newport Beach office of the Welsh Development Agency, the economic development arm of the government of Wales. Simcox is head of North American operations for the agency.
* Kevin A. Monaghan has joined DirectNet Telecommunications in Newport Beach as vice president, carrier sales and network management. Previously, Monaghan worked at MCI and LCI International in their major and national account sales divisions. Monaghan was also director of network purchasing at Justice Technology Corp. and vice president of carrier sales and network purchasing at New Global Telecom Inc.
* Susan McCormack has been appointed marketing assistant for R.D. Olson Construction in Irvine. She previously worked for Bank of America for six years.
* Robert E. Duncan has been named director of sales for Webzter Corp. in Irvine. His past experience includes 21 years with Mazda North American operations, where he was group manager for customer loyalty and dealer financial services, director of parts/service marketing, director of corporate planning and director of dealer development.
* Frank J. Rhoades has been named director of business development for Fullmer Contract Furniture & Services, part of Santa Ana-based Fullmer Companies. He was formerly senior sales specialist for Krueger International in Green Bay, Wis.
* Leslie Kimura and John H. von Rusten have been appointed managers in the audit department of Squar, Milner, Reehl & Williamson LLP, a Newport Beach certified public accounting and financial services firm. Kimura was formerly an audit manager for Ernst & Young LLP in Newport Beach. Von Rusten was a partner in a San Francisco CPA firm, chief financial officer of Public Service Co. of New Mexico and senior manager at KPMG Peat Marwick.
* Steve Morrison has been named vice president of commercial acquisitions and business development for CT Realty Corp. in Newport Beach. Before joining the development and investment firm, Morrison was responsible for commercial property acquisitions at Highland Pacific in Newport Beach.
* Frank S. Foster has been appointed president of Fieldstone Communities Inc. in Newport Beach and Fieldstone Homes Utah. He is responsible for management of Fieldstone's operations throughout San Diego, Orange County, the Inland region and Utah. Foster, who joined Fieldstone in 1986, was named chief operating officer in 1998.