* Best Historical Album: "The Complete Jazz at the Philharmonic on Verve 1944-1949," Michael Lang, Phil Schaap and Ben Young, compilation producers (Phil Schaap, mastering engineer); "The Duke Ellington Centennial Edition--The Complete RCA Victor Recordings (1927-1973)," Orrin Keepnews and Steven Lasker, compilation producers (Paul Brizzi, Dennis Ferrante and Steven Lasker, mastering engineers); "The Mahler Broadcasts 1948-1982," Sedgwick Clark, compilation producer (Jon M. Samuels and Seth B. Winner, mastering engineers); "Ray Charles--The Complete Country & Western Recordings (1959-1986)," James Austin, Ray Charles, Terry Howard and Michael Johnson, compilation producers (Terry Howard and Doug Sax, mastering engineers); "Sony Music 100 Years: Soundtrack for a Century," Billy Altman, Steve Berkowitz, Mike Berniker, Michael Brooks, Mitchell Cohen, Lawrence Cohn, Didier C. Deutsch, Bruce Dickinson, Michelle Errante, Jeff Jones, Arthur Levy, Nedra Olds-Neal, Al Quaglieri, Leo Sacks, Phil Schaap, Tom Vickers and Warren Wernick, compilation producers (Chris Athens, Matt Cavaluzzo, Harry Coster, Ellen Fitton, Seth Foster, Andreas Meyer, Joseph M. Palmaccio, Darcy Proper, Ken Robertson, Tom "Curly" Ruff, Phil Schaap and Mark Wilder, mastering engineers).
* Best Engineered Album, Non-Classical: "Forget About It," Gary Paczosa (Alison Krauss, artist); "Mindfields," Steve MacMillan, Elliot Scheiner, Al Schmitt and Jess Sutcliffe, engineers (Toto, artist); "My Heart," Joe Chiccarelli, Mick Guzauski and John Kelton (Lorrie Morgan, artist); "Owsley," Jeff Balding, Tom Lord-Alge, J.R. McNeeley, Owsley, Millard Powers and Shane Wilson (Owsley, artist); "When I Look in Your Eyes," Al Schmitt (Diana Krall, artist).
* Producer of the Year, Non-Classical: Walter Afanasieff; Rob Cavallo; Dann Huff; Rick Rubin; Matt Serletic.
* Remixer of the Year, Non-Classical: Nominees Club 69 (Peter Rauhofer); Hex Hector; Steve "Silk" Hurley; Masters at Work; Soul Solution.
* Best Engineered Album, Classical: Crumb: "Ancient Voices of Children," David Moulton & Curt Wittig, engineers (James Freeman, conductor/piano; Orchestra 2001; Barbara Ann Martin, soprano). Dvorak: Piano Trio "Dumky," Opus 90, Shostakovich: Piano Trio No. 2, Opus 67, Rachmaninoff: "Vocalise," Marc Aubort, engineer (Eroica Trio). Dvorak: Stabat Mater, Michael Bishop, engineer (Robert Shaw, conductor). Mahler: Symphony No. 3, Michael Bishop & Thomas Knab, engineers (Jesus Lopez-Cobos, conductor). Stravinsky: "Firebird,"; "The Rite of Spring," "Persephone," Markus Heiland, engineer (Michael Tilson Thomas, conductor).