Douglas S. Harrington, chief executive of ChromaVision Medical Systems Inc. in San Juan Capistrano, has been elected chairman of the board. He succeeds John S. Scott, chairman and chief executive of XL Vision Inc., who will continue to serve on the board. Harrington has been chief executive and director of ChromaVision since December 1996.
* Paul Meese has been appointed director of human resources for El Pollo Loco, the Irvine-based chicken restaurant chain. He was previously director of human resources and operational support for Bugle Boy Industries. Meese also held human resources management positions at North County Bank & Trust in Michigan and Sizzler International in Los Angeles.
* Joe Garvey has been named vice president, channel sales for Emulex Corp. in Costa Mesa. He has previously held senior sales and management positions at Quantum, Mylex and IBM Corp. Prior to joining Emulex, he was a senior director, America's Sales at IBM Corp.
* Lisa L. Stavro has joined Unique Investment Corp. in Anaheim as executive vice president of transactions. She was formerly senior vice president and manager of Bank of America's commercial banking-leveraged finance division.
* Jeff Zakaryan has been selected president of the Orange County chapter of the Professional Coaches & Mentors Assn. Zakaryan is founder and president of Global Strategies in Dana Point.
* Tim Allison has been named to the newly created position of vice president of international sales for Interplay Entertainment Corp. in Irvine. Allison was previously managing director of Interplay Australia and New Zealand. He has also served as national marketing manager for the Sega brand in Australia.
* Jess Hartmann has joined New Horizons Computer Learning Centers Inc. in Santa Ana as vice president and chief information officer. Hartmann had been chief operating officer and chief information officer for Games2Learn.com.
* Jeanne Groce has been appointed director of strategic relationships for Net-Strike Worldwide in Irvine, a subsidiary of Cap Gemini Ernst & Young U.S. LLP. Groce has been with Ernst & Young for five years in management consulting.
* Fernando Loza and Tobias P. Halbmaier have been named corporate banking officers in the Costa Mesa office of Comerica Bank-California. Both were previously credit analysts.
* Michael Sawtell has been promoted to chief operations officer of ELiberation.com Corp. in Irvine. He had been director of sales since March. Previously, Sawtell was vice president of sales and operations for Informative Research.
* Mark M. Foreman has been appointed senior director of research for NeoTherapeutics Inc. in Irvine. Before joining the company, Foreman was the director of pre-clinical and clinical pharmacology and toxicology for SK Biopharmaceuticals.