Manuel Lynch was named vice president of marketing and business development at Microsemi Corp. in Santa Ana. Lynch, who has been with Microsemi since 1995, has been marketing communications manager, director of information systems, director of North American sales and worldwide marketing, and business development manager. John Holtrust is the new vice president of human resources. He previously worked at GE Aircraft, Intersil/Harris Semiconductor, Silicon Systems and InternetConnect Inc.
* Sarah J. Anderson has been appointed managing partner of the Orange County office of Ernst & Young in Irvine. She had been managing partner of the Riverside office. Anderson succeeds W. James Bowling, who transferred to the firm's Global Accounts group.
* Howard Aihara has joined Alliance Imaging Inc. in Anaheim as vice president, corporate controller. He had been vice president, finance with UniMed Management Co. He began his career with Ernst & Young LLP.
* Phil Andrews has been appointed vice president and manager of the Anaheim office of Sunwest Bank. He was previously with Orange National Bank and Pacific Business Bank.
* Nick Young has been named marketing manager for eLiberation.com in Laguna Hills. He will retain his role as senior copywriter. Dave Lowe has been appointed business development manager. He will run the business development team, which he has been part of since joining the company.
* Mark Brinton has been appointed vice president, ATL Information Systems and Services at Quantum/ATL in Irvine. Brinton spent the last three years developing ATL's information systems group. Before joining the company, he was senior manager of financial systems for AST Research.
* Kurt Schaeffer is the new executive chef of California Cafe Bar and Grill, scheduled to open this month at the Shops at Mission Viejo. He previously worked at the Salt Creek Grille and McCormick & Schmick's Seafood.
* Janice Callado has joined Morgan Marketing & Public Relations in Irvine as account coordinator. She was formerly an intern for the Fox Broadcasting Co. in Los Angeles.
* Michelle Bucks has been named to the newly created position of sales and marketing manager for the Anaheim Convention Center. She had been in the sales and events department of the Los Angeles County Fair Assn.
* Susan V.R. Drummy has been appointed partner of Turner Development Corp. in Newport Beach. Drummy, a vice president, has been involved in the company's strategic financial planning and daily operations since 1987.
* Gail H. Knopf is the new chief operating officer of the TriZetto Group Inc.'s HealthWeb business unit in Newport Beach. Knopf has been senior vice president of E-commerce for HealthWeb. Before joining TriZetto, Knopf was executive vice president and chief operating officer for Management and Technology Solutions, a physician services organization that sold its assets to TriZetto in 1999.
* Mark Nimmo has been named senior vice president of SullivanCurtisMonroe Insurance Brokerage, specializing in larger commercial accounts. Nimmo returned to the firm after six years with Johnson & Higgins. He had been with SullivanCurtisMonroe in Irvine for 12 years.