* Pastor David Smith at Ojai Valley Adventist Church will begin a new sermon series today titled "The Final Court of Appeal." The service will begin at 10:45 a.m.
Ojai Valley Adventist offers a service that blends contemporary Christian music with traditional songs of faith. Bible study hour begins at 9:30 a.m.
The church is at 291 E. El Roblar Drive. For more information, call 955-7631.
'Been a Presbyterian All My Life?'
* Pastor Tim Fearer on Sunday will continue his Romans series with "But I've Been a Presbyterian All My Life?" at Westminster Presbyterian Church of Hueneme. A contemporary service will be held at 9 a.m., with a traditional service at 10:45 a.m.
Nursery care is provided. Children from preschool age through fifth grade are dismissed to Kid's Church.
The church is at 755 Bard Road, Port Hueneme. For more information, call 483-8610.
Biblical Principles and Finances
* Thousand Oaks Seventh-day Adventist Church will conduct the seminar "It's Your Money" today, focusing on biblical principles on how to handle personal finances. Sessions are at 10:45 a.m., 2 and 3:15 p.m. Topics will include how to get out of debt, financing Christian education for children and estate planning. The presenter will be G. Edward Reid, a certified counselor with Christian Financial Concepts. Free. The church is at 480 W. Gainsborough Road. For more information, call 368-6462.
Psychologist to Offer Parents Help
* Eastminister Presbyterian Church in Ventura will present the parent seminar "Holding On While You Let Go" Sunday and Nov. 19. The seminar, from 7 to 8:45 p.m., will focus on how to help teen-age children deal with stress and anger, how to teach teens to complete chores without yelling and nagging, plus other information. The seminar will be led by psychologist Tom Prinz. A $5 donation is requested. The church is at 8180 Telephone Road. For more information, call 644-5490.
Seminar Explores Bible Criticism
* The Conejo Jewish Academy will host the seminar "An Unapologetic Response to Bible Criticism" Sunday. The instructor will be Rabbi J. Immanuel Schochet. The seminar is geared toward believers who seek to understand some of the ambiguous and cryptic statements found in the Bible. Hours are 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The cost is $65, which includes lunch, refreshments and seminar materials.
The seminar "Missionary Impossible: If Jesus Was a Jew, Why Can't a Jew Be For Jesus?" will be conducted Tuesday at 8 p.m. Schochet will be the lecturer. Advance price is $10; $12 at the door.
The academy is at 30345 Canwood St., Agoura Hills. For more information, call (818) 991-0991.
Sermons to Focus on Renewal
* The Rev. Kent Meads and the Rev. Scott Parker on Sunday will begin a November sermon series about renewal at Trinity Presbyterian Church in Camarillo. The topic of the first installment will be "Renewing Our Reality of God." Services are at 8:30 a.m. and 10 a.m.
Also Sunday, from 9:30 a.m. to noon, an alternative holiday market will give shoppers the opportunity to make donations to various nonprofit organizations in honor of family and friends.
The church is at corner of Las Posas Road and Antonio Avenue. For more information, call 484-0530.
Sunday Service at Our Saviour's
* The Rev. Mary Ann Fiene preaches during the 9:15 a.m. Sunday service at Our Saviour's Evangelical Lutheran Church in Oxnard. Sunday school is held at 11 a.m. Child-care is provided.
The church is at 905 Redwood St. For more information, call 486-5383.
USC Men's Chorus to Perform
* Redeemer Lutheran Church in Thousand Oaks will host a performance by the USC Men's Chorus during its Sunday service. The chorus, directed by Sara Shakliyan, will perform works by Bach, Schumann and others. The service will begin at 9 a.m.
The church is at 667 Camino Dos Rios. For more information, call 498-4813.
First Presbyterian Sunday Service
* Pastor James K. Bain Jr. will deliver the sermon "The Sacrament for Strikeouts" at 10 a.m. Sunday at First Presbyterian Church of Oxnard. The message will be based on the scripture Luke 9:1-6 and Philipians 3:13-14.
Also on Sunday, there will be an alternative Christmas fair from 11:15 a.m. to noon, during which donations can be made to various nonprofit organizations in honor of family and friends.
There will be Sunday school for youth during the service. Adult Sunday school begins at 9 a.m. Child care is available at all services. The church is at 850 Ivywood Drive. For more information, call 983-0204.
Mass Schedule at St. Anthony's
* St. Anthony's Catholic Church in Oxnard will celebrate Mass at 5:15 p.m. today and have confessions from 3:30 to 5 p.m. and 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Sunday Mass will be celebrated at 7:30, 9 and 10:30 a.m. in English, and Spanish-language Mass will be held at noon and 1:30 p.m.
The church is at 2511 S. C St. For more information, call 486-7301.
Unity Center Church Service