Players who left Sunday's NFL games with injuries:
* RICKY WILLIAMS, New Orleans--Running back suffered a broken ankle on the play in which he reached 1,000 yards rushing for the season in the Saints' 20-10 victory over the Carolina Panthers.
* JIM MILLER, Chicago--Quarterback suffered a torn Achilles' tendon in Bears' 20-3 loss to the Buffalo Bills and will be sidelined for the season. Miller, in his second start of the season replacing Cade McNown (separated shoulder), scrambled deep in Buffalo territory in the second quarter. "I was just running and it was just a freak thing that happened," Miller said. "My Achilles' tore. Everybody says it feels like you're getting shot or kicked from behind and that's exactly what it felt like."
* BRETT FAVRE, Green Bay--Quarterback suffered a sprained left foot midway through the third quarter of Packers' 20-15 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers when sacked by Warren Sapp and could be sidelined at least a week. Favre's 135 successive starts are an NFL high for quarterbacks.
* THURMAN THOMAS, Miami--Running back suffered a sprained knee after a 12-yard reception in the second quarter of the Dolphins' 17-7 victory over the San Diego Chargers. Thomas, in his 13th season and ninth on the NFL's career rushing list, said he'll consider retirement after 13 seasons if the injury requires lengthy rehabilitation. Thomas said he was emotional as the pain got worse on the sideline. "That's when it crossed my mind. It flashed through my mind for the first time in 13 years," he said. "I started to cry a little bit."
* JASON TAYLOR, Miami--Defensive end suffered a hyperextended left elbow.
* MOSES MORENO and RYAN LEAF, San Diego--Moreno, starting at quarterback for the injured Jim Harbaugh, suffered a strained left knee and was replaced by Ryan Leaf, who suffered a hamstring injury. Harbaugh, who has a mild hernia, bruised hand and bruised quadriceps, finished the game.
* TRUNG CANIDATE, St. Louis--Running back--and the Rams' first-round draft pick--suffered a broken wrist in team's 38-24 victory over the New York Giants.
* AMANI TOOMER, New York Giants--Wide receiver missed the second half with a concussion.
* BOB WHITFIELD, Atlanta--Track who started his team-record 123rd consecutive, left in the third quarter of the Falcons' 13-10 loss to the Detroit Lions with a "neck burner."
* AARON GIBSON, Detroit--Tackle suffered right shoulder bruise in the first quarter. Gibson had surgery on the other shoulder last year, sidelining him for his entire rookie season.
* ADRIAN ROSS and JOHN JACKSON, Cincinnati--Ross, a linebacker, suffered a sprained ankle and Jackson, a tackle, had a hamstring injury in the Bengals' 23-6 loss to the Dallas Cowboys.
* OBAFEMI AYANBADEJO and BEN COATES, Baltimore--Ayanbadejo, a fullback, left with turf toe and Coates, a tight end, suffered a bruised thigh in 24-23 victory over the Tennessee Titans.
* JIM BUNDREN, Cleveland--Guard suffered a broken ankle in Browns' 19-11 victory over the New England Patriots.