David Hyman has been appointed chief financial officer of Catalyst Capital, a Newport Beach venture management firm. He will also assume the chief financial officer position in selected client companies. Hyman had been chief financial officer of the TFM Group of South Africa for 14 years.
* Robert W. Hughes has been named chief financial officer of eSynch Corp. in Tustin. He previously spent seven years with KPMG in the high-technology audit practice. Hughes was also chief financial officer of international operations at MAI Systems and senior vice president and chief financial officer of the Cerplex Group.
* David Frank has been selected vice president, director of credit operations at Bluedot Funding, LLC, an equipment and software leasing company in Irvine. Before joining the company in April, Frank was vice president of national accounts for SDI Capital.
* John Leonard is the new director of marketing at the Meyers Group in Irvine, and Tara Bleakley is the new online marketing manager. Previously, Leonard co-founded iWear, an Internet retailer focused on men's apparel, and before that he was director of marketing at Moss Software. Bleakley had been at WWW.com.
* David W. Chonette has joined the board of directors of Interpore Cross International in Irvine to serve out the term of G. Bradford Jones, who resigned. Chonette is an advisor to Versant Ventures, a venture capital firm. Before that, he was a general partner with Brentwood Venture Capital.
* Maria Geddes has been named sales manager at the Waterfront Hilton Beach Resort in Huntington Beach. She previously managed the hotel's retail outlets. Geddes has also held positions with PRA, a Costa Mesa destination management company, and the Long Beach Convention Bureau, and served in the marketing department of ICI European Polypropylene in England.
* Fred Aikins has been named manager, product communications for Mazda North American operations in Irvine. He was formerly a managing director at Hill & Knowlton, where he was responsible for the operation of the Mazda Information Bureau and a member of the firm's automotive group.
* Karen Bennett has been appointed vice president of Starbase Professional Services Group, part of Santa Ana-based Starbase Corp. She joined the company from Merant Inc., where she was North America strategic director for the consulting organization.
* Bob Zemel has joined the board of directors of the Building Industry Assn. of Orange County. He is vice president of public affairs for Fidelity National Financial Inc.
* David Anchondo has been named director of channel sales for OpenService Inc. and manager of the Southwest region, covering Southern California, Utah and Arizona. He is based in the new Irvine office.